Brandon J. Patty 
St. Johns County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller

4010 Lewis Speedway
St. Augustine, FL  32084
Tel: (904) 819-3600

Per Florida Statute 28.246(6) the Clerk’s Office is required to submit unpaid fines to a collection agent when the fines remain unpaid after ninety days from the compliance date. The collection agent may add a fee to the balance, not to exceed forty percent of the amount owed at the time the account is referred to the agency.

There are two collection agencies used by St Johns County. Please call the Clerk’s Office first to verify which agency your case is with, (904) 819-3600.

  • Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson LLP., customer service toll free - (866) 234-9790.
  • Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott LLP, customer service toll free – (888) 703-5315

Once your citation is in collections it can only be paid through the collection agency, payment will not be accepted at the Clerk’s Office.

Once payment is made to the collection agency, the payment is not immediately sent to the Clerk’s Office.  The collection agency verifies your funds before submitting payment confirmation to the Clerk’s Office.

  • If you pay by credit card, the payment takes 3-5 business days before the Clerk’s Office is notified of payment.
  • If you pay by cashiers check or money order, the payment may take up to 10 business days before the Clerk’s Office is notified of payment.

If you held a Florida Driver’s License at the time the citation was issued, our office should be able to go into the State of Florida Data Base and “court clear” your driver’s license.  This action DOES NOT REINSTATE YOUR DRIVING PRIVLEGE.  You must physically visit a Driver’s License Office and pay required fees to reinstate your driver’s license.  Please call the Traffic Department (904) 819-3628 to verify the payment confirmation and court clearance on your record before visiting your local DMV.

If you held an “out of state” driver’s license at the time the citation was issued, our office will mail a D-6 Clearance letter to the address we have on file. If your address has changed, you must consult with our office to confirm we have your current mailing address.  Once you receive the D-6 clearance letter, you must present it to your resident driver’s license bureau and comply with the requirements of your home state.

If the suspension is on your Florida Drivers License and you have since moved to another State, you still must satisfy the suspension with the State of Florida.  Contact the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department at 850-617-2000 for instructions.

St. Johns County Clerk of Court