Marriage Frequently Asked Questions

1Who can marry you?
Any notary, Judge, Priest, Ordained Minister, or Deputy Clerk. If you wish to be married at the court house, just bring your marriage license back with you within the eligible time frame and the cost of the ceremony will be $30.00.
2Changing your name?
If you change your name, be sure to tell Drivers License Bureau as well as Social Security. And tell your employer about your name change too. Making sure all your records are correct now means you'll get the right Social Security benefits later. To get a new Social Security card, you'll need identification that shows your old name and your new name, such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree. If you were born outside the U.S., you will also need proof of U.S. citizenship or that you are living in the U.S. legally. The new card sent to you will have your new name and the same number. And it's free. You never need to pay for Social Security services like this. Just call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 for information on how to get your new Social Security Card.
3Need further information?
Any further information regarding marriage license may be obtained through the Clerk of Circuit Courts office by calling 904-819-3640.