Are those wedding bells we hear?Marriage License Requirements
- Both parties must be present and have an acceptable form of picture identification, drivers license are preferred. If you are not a U.S. citizen, a valid passport must be presented.
- Social Security numbers will need to be provided. If either or both parties are not U.S. residents, then a valid passport will act in lieu of the Social Security number.
- It is required by Florida Law that a Family Law Handbook be read prior to issuance of the marriage license.
- If either party has been previously married before, the exact date of the last terminated marriage must be known.
- If 16 or 17 years of age, both parents must sign and have notarized a Certificate of Consent for Marriage. If under 16 years a court order must be obtained. Exception is a minor that has been married before, as they are considered an adult.
- The state of Florida now requires a 3 day waiting period if both parties are Florida residents and have not taken an approved marriage class.*
- The license is good for 60 days from the effective date and can be used anywhere in the State of Florida.
- The cost of the license is $86.00. If the couple has attended an approved counselling class the price is reduced to $61.00. The provider of the class must be listed with the Clerks office. Inquires may call 904-819-3640.
*If you are “NOT” a Florida Resident there is not a 3 day waiting period.