Passport processing is offered at three locations.

Richard O. Watson Judicial Center (By Appointment Only)

4010 Lewis Speedway, St. Augustine, Florida
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
(No passports are processed after 4:00 PM)
Telephone: (904) 819-3632.

Julington Creek Annex
(Services Suspended)

725 Flora Branch Blvd., St. Johns, Florida

Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
To make appointment: (904) 819-3632

Ponte Vedra Beach Annex
(Services Suspended)

151 Sawgrass Corners Drive, Ponte Vedra Beach

Monday and Wednesday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
To make appointment: (904) 819-3632

The Passports division receives passport applications, reviews, and certifies new passport applications, and sends them to the Passport Agency for issuance.

  • Anyone, including infants, traveling to a foreign country will need a passport.
  • Every applicant MUST appear in person, regardless of age (even minor children).
  • You should apply for a passport several months before you actually need it. If you will need visas from foreign embassies, you will need to allow even more time.
  • A passport, on the average, will take a minimum of six (6) weeks from the time the Federal Passport Agency receives the completed application. The passport will be mailed directly from the Federal Passport Agencies located throughout the continental United States to the address you provide. Expedited service is available for an additional fee plus overnight delivery charges.
  • As of January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling BY AIR between the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport book, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable
  • Please note: Location 1 - No Passport applications are processed after 4:00 p.m. Passport applicants should expect longer wait times between the hours of 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. as these are the office's busiest times.
More information is available from the U.S. Department of State's website: (The U.S. Dept. of State only accepts checks or money orders.)

Requirements For A Passport

You Must Apply in Person If:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport; or
  • You are under age 16; or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged; or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago; or
  • Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.

There are Special Requirements for:

Apply for a passport today

If you are unable to provide any one of the above, you may possibly still be able to obtain a passport. However, this requires additional documentation to prove your citizenship. You should call the Clerk's Office at (904)819-3632 for specific instructions regarding your particular situation or, go to for other options.

PLEASE NOTE: Whichever of the above listed documents you do provide to obtain your passport, will be mailed to the U.S. Department of State with your passport application. You may wish to make a copy to keep with you until your original document is mailed back to you with your passport. A social security number is required for all passport applications, regardless of the age of the applicant.

Passport For Minor under Age 16

Valid For: 5 years
Must apply in person on Form DS-11

Passport applications for minors under age 16 must be submitted in person. The minor must be present. Both parents or guardians should appear with the minor. If both parents/guardians cannot be present, see parental consent for additional document requirements

Minors under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves.

Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the minor and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the minor. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.

If the minor only has one parent/guardian, evidence of sole authority to apply for the minor must be submitted with the application

For special circumstances, please go to

Passport for Minor Ages 16 and 17

Valid For: 10 years
Must apply in person on Form DS-11

A parent can identify a minor that does not have his or her own identification.

Parental Consent: Minors ages 16-17 with their own identification can apply for a passport by themselves; however, it is recommended that at least one parent appear in person with the minor to identify him/her and to show parental awareness.

Parental Awareness

  • Having a parent accompany the minor when applying
  • Listing a parent as the Emergency Contact on the application
  • Using a parent’s check to pay the passport fees
  • A signed statement consenting to issuance of a passport from at least one parent (should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent’s ID).

Passport Renewals


You must renew by mail if:

  • Your U.S. passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  • Your U.S. Passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Your U.S. passport was issued within the last 15 years
  • Your U.S. passport was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change

If any of the previous statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person.

Passport FAQ