Our office will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2024, in observance of Memorial Day.

Brandon J. Patty 
St. Johns County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller

4010 Lewis Speedway
St. Augustine, FL  32084
Tel: (904) 819-3600

Do you have unclaimed monies with the Clerk of Courts office?

Uncashed Checks can be found here.

Annual Remitted Unclaimed Funds can be found here.

Outstanding Court Monies can be found here.

Avoid having monies considered unclaimed or abandoned by following these simple tips:

  • Make sure that your address is up to date with the U.S. Postal Service and the Clerk’s office.
  • If money has been deposited into a case in which you are involved, make sure that you obtain an order from the judge to disburse those funds before the case is closed or dismissed.
  • Follow up on any motions filed asking for money to be disbursed.
  • If you had a monetary judgment against another party in a civil case, you can   re-record the judgment along with an affidavit of current address.  That will allow us to notify you if the judgment is satisfied.
  • Mortgage Foreclosure cases may need your follow up to make sure that any surplus proceeds are disbursed by the court.

The Clerk’s Finance Department provides a list of people who have unclaimed checks issued by the Clerk’s office. Anyone who has a claim to money held by the St. Johns County Clerk of Courts must contact the Clerk’s office as soon as possible, because each year we send unclaimed funds to the State of Florida. Once funds are sent to the State we cannot assist you in recovering those funds.

The claimant shall submit sufficient proof to the Clerk of Courts of ownership, and upon doing so shall be entitled to receive any part of the monies so claimed. Claimants must provide a driver’s license or valid government issued photo identification. The unclaimed monies claim form and the IRS form W-9 must be completed.  Upon review and acceptance of a claim for funds a check will be issued within 14 days.

If your name appears in the document for annual unclaimed funds turned over to the State of Florida you must contact the State at  www.fltreasurehunt.gov to claim your funds, as the St. Johns County Clerk of Courts no longer has your funds.

Please complete the following forms to claim funds that may belong to you.
Link to Claim form

Form must be signed in front of a notary or Deputy Clerk.

Link to W-9 form

Please call (904) 819-3600 ext. 4358 for additional assistance.

Forms should be mailed to:

St. Johns County Clerk of Courts

Attn: Angela Boutin, Clerk Finance

4010 Lewis Speedway

St. Augustine, FL 32084

St. Johns County Clerk of Court