Brandon J. Patty 
St. Johns County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller

4010 Lewis Speedway
St. Augustine, FL  32084
Tel: (904) 819-3600
1How can I inquire about my passport?

If you need to inquire about the issuance of your passport or if your travel plans change while you are waiting for your passport, the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) can assist you.

  • You may speak with a Customer Service Representative by calling 1-877-487-2778.
  • TDD user: 1-888-874-7793 or
  • Email them at
  • The National Passport Information Center web address is

2Where can I obtain a passport photo?

The Clerk of Court’s office offers passport photo services at their passport locations for $10.65 per person, which includes sales tax. You can also obtain your own photo from a valid passport photo provider if it meets the requirements of the U.S. Department of State listed on their website

3I am not a U.S. citizen. How can I obtain a passport?
Foreign nationals should contact their respective governments to obtain passports.
4What countries require a passport?
All persons traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a passport book. The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry.
5Do I have to bring my child in with me for his or her passport?

Yes, the child must be present with both parent(s) or legal guardian(s). If one parent or legal guardian is unable to attend, the passport agency will accept a notarized, written consent form from that parent. The DS-3053 Statement of Consent form is available on the Department of State website at (Please have a front and back copy of the Identification used by the notary along with the consent form)

You must submit documentation that lists the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child applying for a passport.

The following may be used to show parental relationship:

    • U.S. birth certificate (also evidence of U.S. citizenship)

    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth (also evidence of U.S. citizenship)

    • Foreign birth certificate

    • Certified Copy of Adoption Decree

    • Certified Copy of Divorce/Custody Decree

    • Certified Copy of Letters of Guardianship

Please note: Some documents, like a U.S. birth certificate, show both U.S. citizenship and parental relationship. These documents must be originals or certified copies (not photocopies).

6Do I have to personally come into the office to apply for a passport?

Yes, unless you are filing for a passport renewal, or if your passport expired over 5 years ago.

Passports that were issued to minors under the age of 15, must come into an acceptance agency to apply.

7What if I am a naturalized citizen?
The original naturalization certificate must accompany the application for a passport. It will be returned by the passport agency.
8What if I don't have a copy of my birth certificate?

You may obtain a certified copy of your birth record by contacting the Health Department’s Bureau of Vital Statistics Office in the state you were born, or you may order them online at

If you were born in the State of Florida you can also order your birth record at Florida department of Health .

9But there is no official record of my birth. What can I do?

You must submit a Letter of No Record obtained from the Health Department's Bureau of Vital Statistics Office in the state of your birth and two forms of secondary birth evidence. Please call or visit our office for further details.

10Where can I obtain passport forms?
All forms are available at our office locations. You may also download forms from the U.S. Department of State website at
11I had a passport before, but it has expired. Can I simply renew it?
If it was issued within the past 15 years, and if you were 16 years or older when the passport was issued, you may apply with the renewal application form DS82. You will need to follow the requirements for a passport renewal. You will mail all of the above to the Passport Agency.
12May I go directly to the regional passport agency in Miami?
All customers traveling within 14 calendar days must make an appointment with the Miami Passport Agency by calling their automated telephone system at (877) 487-2778. The Miami Passport Agency no longer accepts walk-in applicants for service.
13How can I expedite my passport?
You may request expedited service with the submission of your application.
14How long does it take to get a passport?
Visit for current processing times.
15Are vending machine photos or published pictures acceptable for passports?

No. The required photos are 2x2 inches in size, taken within the last 6 months, and show your current appearance.

The photo must be in color and must meet the legal specifications including a white or off-white background, a full face with a neutral expression, and front view between one inch and 1 5/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head, taken in normal attire, no glasses, or selfies.

16Where can I apply for a passport in St. Johns County?

Your passport application can be processed in the Recording Department located at the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller’s Office.

Passport processing is offered at the following three locations:

    Richard O. Watson Judicial Center
    4010 Lewis Speedway
    St. Augustine, FL 32084

Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (No passports are processed after 4:00 PM) – Walk-in basis, no appointment necessary

    Julington Creek Annex
    725 Flora Branch Blvd.
    St. Johns, FL 32259

Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM

The last appointment will be scheduled at 2:00 p.m.

By appointment only

    Ponte Vedra Beach Annex
    151 Sawgrass Corners Drive
    Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082

Monday and Wednesday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM

The last appointment will be scheduled at 2:00 p.m.

By appointment only

If you have any questions or to make an appointment at one of the Annex Locations, please call (904)-819-3632.

17What is the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
A passport book can be used to travel anywhere by any means. The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry.
St. Johns County Clerk of Court