Failure to have Driver’s License, Proof Of Insurance or Registration in possession during vehicle operation.
Citations issued as follows:
Violations under Florida Statutes:
– 316.646(1) Proof of Insurance Required
– 322.15(1) DL Not Carried/Exhibit on Demand
– 320.0605 Fail to Display Registration
Our office cannot accept payment on these violations without a copy of the item the driver failed to have in possession.
Provide us with a copy of the item (Insurance, License or Registration) showing the item was valid on the date the citation was issued. Your fine will be reduced to $10.00.
If you cannot provide proof the item was valid on the date the citation was issued please read over the following for additional options under these violations.
DL Not Carried/Exhibit on Demand & Fail to Display Registration
- If the item was not valid on the date the citation was issued, provide us with a copy of the renewed item. Your fine will remain the same. Or you may file Nolo Contendere for a reduced payment and a withhold of adjudication. Restrictions apply, please read the form for full details and the reduced fine.
- If you cannot provide any proof you must complete a Vehicle Owner Affidavit form. The fine will remain the same.
Proof of Insurance Required: Per Florida Statute 316.646(3); If any person charged with a violation of this section fails to furnish proof insurance was valid at the time the citation was issued, a conviction will be entered on the driving record and the Driver’s License Department shall, upon receiving notice of the conviction from the court, suspend the person’s registration and driver’s license for the violation of this section.
1. If the item was not valid on the date the citation was issued, provide us with current proof of insurance and complete the Nolo Contendere Affidavit for Insurance. Restrictions apply, please read the form for full details and the reduced fine.
2. If you do not choose one of the options available to you, you must complete the Insurance Law Options Rejected form when submitting full payment to our office.